- Delivery Mode
- 100% Online
- Total Credits
- Degree Level
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Contact Us
Earn your doctorate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The part-time Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is specifically for the post-masters Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS).
The DNP program prepares nurse experts to the highest level of advanced practice expanding the APRN role in leadership, health policy and advocacy, Interprofessional practice, and information technology. The expanded clinical role provides the DNP skills to translate and generate evidence-based knowledge into clinical practice that promotes safe, effective and equitable patient care.
The program is 40 semester credit hours and is online. There are also 525 clinical hours. The degree can be completed in two and a half years of part-time study with five semesters of 6-7 credits per semester and two summer semesters of 3 credits each.
- What's a doctorate degree?
- A doctorate degree usually takes four or more years to complete, unless you already have a master's degree. Doctorate degrees are very specific to a particular area of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW