Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This certificate program in Medical Billing from Westchester Community College leads to credentialing as a Certified Professional Biller (CPB) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). The program provides exposure to terminology, rules and regulations that apply to the healthcare industry. Students gain a comprehensive understanding of various insurance plans, the use of International Statistical Classification of Diseases, 10th revision (ICD-10-CM) coding guidelines and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT-4).
Emphasis is placed on billing processes and procedures for filing, tracking claims and resolution of claim denials. Graduates are eligible to take the Certified Professional Biller Examination (CPB).
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW