Earn your Associate of Science online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Finger Lakes CC Health Care Studies AS - Online
The Associate in Science (A.S.) in Health Care Studies from Finger Lakes Community College gives you the knowledge and hands-on training you'll need to thrive in today's exciting and evolving field of healthcare.
The program prepares students for transfer opportunities into specific fields such as Cardiovascular Perfusion, Medical Imaging/Radiography, Medical Technology or Medical Biotechnology, Radiation Therapy, Respiratory, and more. You'll gain an understanding of how new and emerging technologies can generate better health outcomes, and how to lead the healthcare industry into the future.
This health studies degree program puts you on the path to a four-year degree in a wide range of health fields including an online bachelor's degree in Health Care Management and Healthcare Management Btech. Your coursework in health care covers both SUNY general education requirements and specific classes in healthcare that will enable you to explore your academic interests. Would-be nurses who are waiting to be admitted to a nursing program can take health studies to get started on required classes and general education courses before beginning a nursing program.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
Courses you will take online
Health Care studies courses in the program include:
- Career Opportunities in Health Care
- Medical Terminology
- Ethical Considerations in Health Care
- First Aid and Basic Life Support
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Introduction to Psychology
- Life Span Development
- Introduction to Sociology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW