Earn your associate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of Finger Lakes CC Health Care Studies AS - Online
The Associate in Science (A.S.) in Health Care Studies from Finger Lakes Community College gives you the knowledge and hands-on training you'll need to thrive in today's exciting and evolving field of healthcare.
The program prepares students for transfer opportunities into specific fields such as Cardiovascular Perfusion, Medical Imaging/Radiography, Medical Technology or Medical Biotechnology, Radiation Therapy, Respiratory, and more. You'll understand how new and emerging technologies can generate better health outcomes, and how to lead the healthcare industry into the future.
This health studies degree program puts you on the path to a four-year degree in a wide range of health fields including an online bachelor's healthcare degree or nursing program. Your coursework in healthcare covers both SUNY general education requirements and specific classes in healthcare that will enable you to explore your academic interests. Would-be nurses waiting to be admitted to a nursing program can take health studies to get started on required classes and general education courses before beginning a nursing program.
Courses in the Health Care Studies AS
Health Care studies courses in the program include:
- Career Opportunities in Health Care
- Medical Terminology
- Ethical Considerations in Health Care
- First Aid and Basic Life Support
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Introduction to Psychology
- Life Span Development
- Introduction to Sociology
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW