Earn your Bachelor of Technology online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of SUNY Alfred State College Healthcare Management BTech - Online
The demand for healthcare professionals is expected to grow 16% by 2030. One of the areas in healthcare with the greatest demand is health and medical services management, which is expected to grow much faster than average at 32% by 2030. Professionals who want to enter the healthcare management field in hospitals, clinics, and medical practices do wo with at least a bachelor's degree in healthcare management.
The Bachelor of Technology in Healthcare Management (B. Tech) from Alfred State College is a technologically focused degree for current and new healthcare workers. A student with an associate degree or 60 credits in health sciences, or a business-related area will be prepared to complete a bachelor's degree. The healthcare btech at Alfred was ranked 25 Most Affordable Online Bachelor's in Health Management in 2020 and Most Affordable Health Administration Degree.
Students who enter the health care management degree program at Alfred State have either studied healthcare at a community college or are currently working in hospitals in technical roles such as laboratory, radiology, records, occupational therapy, surgical technology, paramedic, ultrasound, or a variety of administrative roles, and are seeking advancement into management or administrative positions. They can transfer the credits from their current degree to the bachelor's degree in healthcare management, which allows them to earn the 4-year degree in as little as two years, completely online.
The online healthcare management program emphasizes the development of managerial skills through a set of core courses and a wide array of electives to address areas such as healthcare finance, the culture of healthcare, human resources, communications, healthcare law, ethics, policies, information systems, marketing, and quality control to meet the demand for common skills required of healthcare managers, such as:
- finance and business operations
- analytical sills
- care management
- interpersonal skills
- conflict management
- communication skills
In addition to entering the healthcare field, SUNY Alfred State's Bachelor of Technology in Healthcare Management equips students to gain the most senior positions in healthcare by laying the groundwork for graduates to pursue a healthcare MBA or MHA to roles as a CNO, CEO, or COO.
What is a BTech degree?
A Healthcare BTech, or Bachelor of Technology, degree is equal to a 4-year bachelor's degree. Conversely, a BS is a Bachelor of Science, which is also a 4-year degree. BTech degrees are technologically-focused degrees that incorporate more applied knowledge and skills, in addition to traditional courses. Many students in a healthcare BTech program are already working in the healthcare field as technicians, paramedics, administrative professionals, and more but wish to transition to management roles.
How long does it take to earn a BTech degree?
Earning a BTech degree takes only two years when you transfer with your associate degree. The BTech at Alfred State College is designed for working adults with families, work, and other personal obligations, which is why the BTech not only links projects with day-to-day work and real-world coursework but also has options to complete sooner with"
- transfer credits from an associate degree
- shorter 4- and 7-week courses
- classes offered year-round online
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
Courses you will take online
- Business Ethics
- Strategic & Creative Prob Solving
- Project Mgmt for Business Professionals
- Principles of Leadership
- Strategic Marketing
- Legal Environment of Business
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- SUNY Online Success Coach
- Success Coaches are available for onboarding, networking, and success webinars with coaches and peers. One-on-one application support is available (no application fee).
- Personal assistance
- Tutoring support is available as well as additional support from our 7-day-a-week helpdesk.
- Program elements
- This program has been identified as a high-needs area and has received regional accreditation. Articulation agreements are in place for easy transfer.
- Additional elements for specific programs
- -Experiential learning opportunities
- SUNY Online Signature Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Signature Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW