Earn your bachelor degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
Overview of SUNY Alfred State College Healthcare Management BTech - Online
The demand for healthcare professionals is expected to grow 16% by 2030. One of the areas in healthcare with the greatest demand is health and medical services management, which is expected to grow much faster than average at 32% by 2030. Professionals who want to enter the healthcare management field in hospitals, clinics, and medical practices do wo with at least a bachelor's degree in healthcare management.
The Bachelor of Technology in Healthcare Management (B. Tech) from Alfred State College is a technologically focused degree for current and new healthcare workers. A student with an associate degree or 60 credits in health sciences, or a business-related area will be prepared to complete a bachelor's degree. The healthcare btech at Alfred was ranked 25 Most Affordable Online Bachelor's in Health Management in 2020 and Most Affordable Health Administration Degree.
Students who enter the health care management degree program at Alfred State have either studied healthcare at a community college or are currently working in hospitals in technical roles such as laboratory, radiology, records, occupational therapy, surgical technology, paramedic, ultrasound, or a variety of administrative roles, and are seeking advancement into management or administrative positions. They can transfer the credits from their current degree to the bachelor's degree in healthcare management, which allows them to earn the 4-year degree in as little as two years, completely online.
The online healthcare management program emphasizes the development of managerial skills through a set of core courses and a wide array of electives to address areas such as healthcare finance, the culture of healthcare, human resources, communications, healthcare law, ethics, policies, information systems, marketing, and quality control to meet the demand for common skills required of healthcare managers, such as:
- finance and business operations
- analytical sills
- care management
- interpersonal skills
- conflict management
- communication skills
In addition to entering the healthcare field, SUNY Alfred State's Bachelor of Technology in Healthcare Management equips students to gain the most senior positions in healthcare by laying the groundwork for graduates to pursue a healthcare MBA or MHA to roles as a CNO, CEO, or COO.
SUNY Alfred State College's online bachelor's programs are named 2023 Best Online Programs by US News and World Report.
Courses in the Healthcare BTech degree
- Business Ethics
- Strategic & Creative Prob Solving
- Project Mgmt for Business Professionals
- Principles of Leadership
- Strategic Marketing
- Legal Environment of Business
What is a BTech degree?
A Healthcare BTech, or Bachelor of Technology, is equal to a 4-year bachelor's degree. Conversely, a BS is a Bachelor of Science, which is also a 4-year degree. BTech degrees are technologically-focused degrees that incorporate more applied knowledge and skills, in addition to traditional courses. Many students in a healthcare BTech program are already working in the healthcare field as technicians, paramedics, administrative professionals, and more but wish to transition to management roles.
How long does it take to earn a BTech degree?
Earning a BTech degree takes only two years when you transfer with your associate degree. The BTech at Alfred State College is designed for working adults with families, work, and other personal obligations, which is why the BTech not only links projects with day-to-day work and real-world coursework but also has options to complete sooner with"
- transfer credits from an associate degree
- shorter 4- and 7-week courses
- classes offered year-round online
- What's a bachelor's degree?
- A bachelor’s degree usually takes four years to complete as a full-time student and mixes general education courses with specific courses tied to your major.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- SUNY Online Plus Program
- In addition to the features listed above, this SUNY Online Plus Program includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW