Earn your master degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Literacy, M.S.Ed. program from SUNY Potsdam meets the teacher certification requirements of the New York State Education Department, as well as the Standards for Literacy Professionals of the International Literacy Association. This 30-credit hour program allows candidates to qualify for Initial Certification in either Literacy (Birth-Grade 6) or Literacy (Grade 5-12). Candidates will also satisfy the academic requirements for Professional certification in their Initial New York certification area. This program is nationally recognized by the International Literacy Association.
- What's a master's degree?
- A master's degree is an advanced degree that usually takes two years to complete and typically requires students to have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Live classes
- You will learn in real-time while the instructor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you participate online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Same faculty as on-campus
- The faculty that teach online classes are the same faculty that students learn from on-campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Access to a personal tutor
- You will have access to a tutor when you need assistance with any of your classes.
- REQUEST MORE INFO
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee (if applicable)
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- APPLY NOW